Thursday, November 8, 2018

Why do my new pair of earbuds sound terrible, low, and distorted when used with my smartphone?

I bought a thinksound ts02 + mic earbuds recently for 50 bucks new. The mic has a small button which I assume is for pausing music. When I tested them on my Samsung Galaxy S7, they sounded awful, muffled, distorted with the audio echoing and only the instrumentals could be heard while the vocals were muted completely. I tested them on my computer speaker's headphone socket and they sounded better there - the audio was bad and mediocre at first but when I used a clip that came with the earbuds to hold down the mic button, it sounded a lot clearer and normal. What's going on? Is there something wrong with the pins on my earbuds headphone jack or is it a manufacturing error?
Added (1). I also tested them with other devices, including another smartphone and they still sounded bad so it isn't my smartphone's headphone socket that's the issue.

Read more: https://samsungus.org/qa/s7/why-do-my-new-pair-of-earbuds-sound-terrible-low-and.html