Thursday, November 29, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S7 help? Phone's been bugging out?

It is always freezing. Occasionally when I clear my apps, or try to open a new one after clearing, it freezes and a white screen with a blue line appears like it's trying to open up the settings and it toggles back and forth between that and other apps and really only stops when I hit the home button (and even then I have to jam the button a ton before it actually gets there).

The phone will ring when I'm getting a call but the actual call won't show up on the screen. If it's locked my ringtone will play and the screen will stay black. By the time I manage to get the screen to come on the call has basically ended. The same happens when I'm already using the phone, the ringtone comes on but the call doesn't show and I can't pull it up until the call is over.

It also overheats quite easily but that's been happening since the first day I started using the phone (I kid you not, using it after unboxing for about an hour was like a hot coal in my hand). This seems to be very common with the s7 so I'm not too worried about this one but advice for how to deal with it would be nice, usually happens when I'm in a call.

I'm not very technologically savvy so I'm not sure of how to deal with these issues. I check the device maintenance daily and make sure it's optimized but I basically have to restart the phone at least twice a day and that really only helps for a couple of hours at a time.

I've had the phone for a little less than a year and replacing it is not an option right now.

Read more: Samsung Galaxy S7 help? Phone's been bugging out?