Thursday, August 7, 2014

Why am I the only one I know who's obsessed with elwctronics?

I need a nerd friend to talk to about computer chips and sh*t.

for example, did you know the ARM Cortex A8 ( the processor in the iPhone 3G and the Samsung Galaxy S ) had less processing power than a Pentium III in 1999?

the cortex a8 can perform approximately 2100 million instructions per second on a 266 megahertz DDR front side bus
whereas an Intel Pentium 3, clocked at 600Mhz can perform up to 3000 million IPS on a 100Mhz FSB.
a quad core Snapdragon processor based on the A15 architecture can compute as high as 12,500 million instructions per second, which is slightly less than that of an AMD Athlon FX dual core of the same clock

Read more: Why am I the only one I know who's obsessed with elwctronics?