Monday, June 9, 2014

Is there a truly global SIM card I can use with a Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?

I travel internationally multiple times a month. I am a Verizon Wireless customer and use a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I subscribe to their $25 for 100 MB of international data plan, but sometimes I travel to countries that are not part of this plan. Data charges in these countries are ridiculously expensive. And even their international data plan is a rip-off. If I go over 100MB, they charge me another $25 for 100MB, but I don't get to use all the data. When the new billing period starts, I get charged $25, even if I have data left on what I paid for previously.

Since Verizon Wireless (and probably the other US wireless carriers) are so provincial when it comes to international data, is there a SIM card I can use when I go overseas, that covers most if not all foreign countries at a reasonable rate? If it's a data only SiM card, that's fine with me. Even t-Mobile, which includes international data roaming at no extra charge, only covers a certain number of countries. If there's no SIM card, is there a phone I can by from another company that I can use only for data roaming overseas and that covers most if not all countries?

Read more: Is there a truly global SIM card I can use with a Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?