Monday, November 26, 2018

Is it worth buying a two year old Samsung model?

I'm looking to upgrade to a Samsung A5 2017 model because of how cheap it is. And it's a really handsome phone. When the 2018 model drops it'll likely get cheaper. I hear that it's not a good idea to buy phone models that old but I got the Samsung Galaxy Alpha two years after it released and it lasted me over 2 years, I would keep it longer if the battery wasn't failing.

I'll be honest, the deciding factor for me is price. They say the average phone lasts 1-2 years, so why pay 100-200 more when they have similar life spans? I'm not looking for a cutting-edge phone, just something efficient enough for constant yet average use.

If not, can you recommend me something of similar power with a similar price? I'm looking in the 200-250 range.
Added (1). Software support doesn't matter much to me it's almost 2019 and I'm still running 4.4 Kitkat

Read more: https://samsungus.org/qa/is-it-worth-buying-a-two-year-old-samsung-model.html