Sunday, November 18, 2018

Having issues with rooted Samsung S6 Edge Plus?

Hi,
Basically I decided to root my Samsung S6 Edge Plus. The warranty had expired months ago so I thought I'll try root. I didn't realise that I would be facing hours of struggle and annoyance. I couldn't access s health in which I found a solution to by changing the build.prop file line. But then Samsung Pay also stop working. Sometimes it goes in but gets stuck on fingerprint verification.

I did however before all this, unrooted it and got stuck on boot loops and then after ages found the correct stock ROM file for my phone and then it worked in Odin. However the effect of the changes I made in build.prop file where there because it didn't erase anything. Then I decided I'll do a factory reset and start over and re-rooted my device so I can change build.prop again and unroot by reflashing stock ROM (because I wanted to restore my backup I made and so I could have my original home screen settings (lol)). And now I'm in this situation.

Should I unroot and reflash stock ROM? Or just stay rooted. And how can I get Samsung pay to work. I hear magisk is another way but I don't wanna mess my phone and want to keep it close to stock.

Please help!

Read more: https://samsungus.org/qa/s6/having-issues-with-rooted-samsung-s6-edge-plus.html