Friday, August 1, 2014

How to wear red high heels casually?

Okay this is going to be extremely specific. I have this pair of bright red, four-inch heels (rounded toe, thick heel). I want to wear them without looking too dressy but I'm not entirely sure how to do so. I prefer to wear them with tights because of how they fit, but when I wear tights, I have to wear a leotard with them (non-negotiable) so I would need to wear a top that can cover the thick straps. I have two pairs of tights, solid black and galaxy print, though the galaxy ones are kind of big on me. But the main problem with this is that black tights tend to make everything look more dressy, which is exactly what I don't want to happen. Any suggestions about what will work with tights is appreciated. I can wear the heels without tights too, it's just significantly more annoying. I also hardly have anything red. The only three tops that might work are: a solid red tank top (not spaghetti straps but still doesn't work with a leotard), a black graphic tee on which the design has a little bit of red, and a short-sleeved button-down plaid shirt that's black, (dominantly) white, and red but it's lighter than the red of the heels. I have all sorts of pants and skirts (and one black dress, knee-length and spaghetti straps) that could work so I won't list them all, you can suggest whatever. It's also worth noting that it's summer where I live, so I probably won't wear long pants (besides jeans with holes) until it starts to cool down. So is there any I can make this work?

Read more: How to wear red high heels casually?