Sunday, August 31, 2014

Is it rude to talk about the stock market?

My mom was buying a Samsung galaxy phone for my sister, and my sister said "apple sucks" so I said "actually their stock went up."
Then I told her that this kid in my class said that "stocks are like gambling." Some people were looking at us and they looked offended/shocked/angry.
my mom said that we shouldn't talk about stocks outside. Why not? It's a free country and no one said we can't talk about stocks outside.
If it helps I'm 14 and my sister is 10. Are people just that intimidated by kids that know about stocks? *this happened a long time ago *

I also told my friend Julia at Starbucks that "if you don't work you don't eat, if you can walk and function like a nornal human being. Stop sucking the government's nipple and get a job even if you have to wash your hands in a fountain and apply at McDonalds."

How is this rude? Everyone has their own opinion and I respect other people's opinions even if they aren't the same as mine.

Read more: Is it rude to talk about the stock market?