Monday, April 28, 2014

How to manually force a android update on my phone?


Ok, I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar 4g LTE smartphone that is made and released by Verizon Wireless and Samsung. My phone was released somewhere in between the Galaxy S3 and the S4, (I think), and my phone is currently running on Android 4.1.2, (which sucks by the way). My phone's code is SCH-I200. Now I want the Android 4.4 update, mainly because Android 4.1.2 sucks and my phone is so slow and everything. I've checked the software update tab on my phones settings and it says that there are no new updates. I manually have my phone scan for new updates every month and every time there are no new updates. So is there any way i can manually "force" my phone to update, to Android 4.4.1 or 4.4.2, without rooting my phone? I don't just want some stupid launcher. I want the real android 4.4 update. Is there anyway to do that? I've seen ways to do it on a Nexus phone without rooting the phone. But i do not have a Nexus phone, i have a Samsung phone.

Read more: How to manually force a android update on my phone?